Monday, September 28, 2009

Midnight Ridazz

The Midnight Ridazz are an informal group of Los Angeles cyclists who get together on a daily basis to ride with each other. As a member of this group, I stay connected with the other ridazz using the MidnightRidazz.com website. The classic (ancient) charm of the site certainly has its appeal, but there are many important tools we need in order to maximize our enjoyment (known as F.U.N.). I offered to take on the challenge using Steam, and Roadblock (our benevolent leader) accepted my offer.

Roadblock and I agreed that the original character of the site will be maintained by taking an essentials only approach; deviations from the user interface should be made only if they improve the site's usability. However, accurately judging whether or not something is an improvement requires many different opinions. So, after the initial version is completed, we will let people test drive it and get their feedback.

My greatest challenge in both difficulty and importance will be to bring the most happiness to the community. Therefore, the most important step will be to listen to those who hold the deepest regard for the Midnight Ridazz, and make sure I don't piss them off too much.

This project has been the most exciting project on which I have ever worked. Being a member of the community and supporting the cause of the Midnight Ridazz, this was the perfect opportunity for me to pour my heart and soul into something to bring about positive change in our home, Los Angeles.

I am excited in anticipation of its completion.

1 comment: